Monday 9 January 2012

Slow progress

Knitting the first Winterthorn over Christmas seemed pretty quick. When you're doing nothing except watching animated family films and eating chocolate oranges I guess time flies. Now that I'm back at work and managing just a row or two per day, the second Winterthorn suddenly feels like very slow going. I must be over half way though as I've reached the section that's pale blue on the chart.

What's surprising me most is that I'm still really enjoying knitting this. The fact that it's not a repeating pattern means that it doesn't get boring, even if I can't get a lot done. Plus the beautiful colour shifts are looking fantastic.

The Zauberball hasn't got any thicker though, if anything it's actually getting thinner. As much as I love the squishy sublime, I couldn't have chosen a worse companion for the orange, they're about as different as two yarns allegedly of the same weight could possibly be.

Nonetheless, I just can't wait to wear this. Fun as my crazy sparkly hat is, I know I'm going to love this hat. Plus I'm pretty certain that the size is going to to be spot on - slouchy but snug.

No comments:

Post a Comment