Sunday 15 January 2012

Just how big do I think my head is?

Winterthorn 2 is blocked and wearable! I had some fun and games playing around with the camera this morning and here's the result:


I think I might try again with 32 photos rather than 16 because some didn't quite work out so well but hopefully it at least shows the way that the pattern of the thorns moves between the different sections.

When I started out, my favourite part was the design itself. Then I decided I preffered the border (especially on the first hat) but now I just like looking at the top of the hat and the way the eight sections come together (and not just because I was relieved to finally get to the decreasing!)



I've still got a lot of learning and practicing to do with stranded knitting but I'm still really happy with how this looks when I turn it inside out. That'll teach me to do it properly rather than just sort of working something out the way I used to.


Anyway, despite this being the second version and despite using smaller needles and annoyingly thin wool, the hat is still big! Not as big as the first but still bigger than I was imagining. Nonetheless, I wore the hat up to town and it didn't fly off, it kept my ears nice and warm and, best of all my sister was right: it didn't give me hat hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment