Sunday 3 June 2012

New Day, New Tension

When I said that my Maluka scarf was my first project with my own handspun, it was technically true. Earlier in the year I began a scarf with my Rainbow Handspun, I did a little test knit and carefully picked the right needles so that it'd be narrow but not too thin. The skein started at red and moved rapidly through orange and yellow to green, all in a lovely consistent near-chunky weight.

Then I reached a point in the skein where I'd clearly gone to bed and woken up in a much more laceweight mood.

I've carried on regardless because, well,  what else can you do with yarn that switches from chunky to laceweight in a single row. Unfortunately, that means that the scarf changed from narrow to extremely skinny and from long to loooooooooooooooooooooong.

I'm trying to stretch the red-green section with some aggressive blocking to even out the width. And, when a scarf is this long, another half-foot can't hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment