Monday 11 June 2012

The Benefits of Disorganisation

I wouldn't describe myself as a disorganised person. Anyone that has seen my desk would disagree. But I like to think that I take a normal amount of organisation and apply it in concentrated doses where it counts. Usually my work. 

Unfortunately that tends to leave a trail of chaos at home and a misty atmosphere of vagueness about what I'll be doing at any given time. 

Usually this isn't a problem but today I discovered that I've accidentally been counting one weekend in June twice. On the 23rd I will be camping. And on the weekend before the week of the 25th, I'm going to London. Camping, in case you are wondering, will not be in London.

Fortunately, this revelation was preceded by the far more pleasant discovery that tickets for John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme have gone up on the ticket unit site today, with dates on the 7th and 14th of July.

This is the first day I've not checked July's page since I added the ticket unit to my open-every-day tabs in the desperate hope of seeing a radio recording. So it came as something of an unexpected surprise, as did the fact that there's an Olympics specail of Old Harry's Game recording on the 8th of July. I've been a fan of Old Harry's Game for long enough that I have a cassette version of the first series. That's at least two audio formats ago.

So. Not only have I double booked myself on opposite sides of the country, I have also been too disorganised to get a hotel in London for the 23rd/24th. In addition, I have no adventurous evenings booked for that weekend. On the other hand, there is now a weekend in July that contains John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme on Saturday and Old Harry's Game on a Sunday. Plus I get to go camping.

I think the choice is obvious. 

Oh, and if anyone knows whether the BBC Ticket Unit are susceptible to any forms of bribery, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment