Monday 16 April 2012

An Appropriate Degree of Restraint

In a shock development, I have successfully managed to go 24 hours in London without buying yarn. 24 hours and 10 minutes to be precise.

I've seen recycled sari silk yarn before and I've always loved the soft, uneven texture with its haywire little filaments. The bright colours are eye-catching and lovely but I've always known I'd never find a use for it. Until now.

Yes, that is black sari silk yarn. Yes, I know it's supposed to be colourful. Yes, it does look quite a lot like a spider. And yes, I probably will make it into a scarf. I still think it's fantastic.
I'm writing this while getting ready to go out and see Bonnie Kate's 7ft knitted map of the world. So, hopefully, poor quality smartphone photos will follow later.




No comments:

Post a Comment