Wednesday 14 March 2012

Cultural Overload

I've often wondered how the people of London get anything done. I think I could happily spend every weekend of the year just exploring the museums (if I could manage to ignore the rest of the extremely fun stuff on offer). I did a little searching for things on in London while I'll be on my training course in April and I quickly found myself booking tickets to see Andy Zaltzman at the Udderbelly. I can't really believe it's a giant purple cow but I look forward to being proved wrong.

Anyway, remember the project to knit a 7ft map of the world? Well, it ended up 186% funded and she's two thirds of the way through knitting the map. With the extra money there will apparently also be a moon and both will be on display at her university art show.

And, in an almost implausible coincidence of timing, the show will be on in London while I am on my training course.

So, without any real effort, I have already made plans for three of my five evenings away. Those other two evenings are suddenly beginning to look like a concerted challenge to my ability to find accidental fun.

Now I just have to hope this doesn't turn out to be the sort of training course that has homework...

No comments:

Post a Comment