Sunday 6 January 2013

Rubies, Roses and Procrastination


Last year I took three very different evening courses: VBA, scriptwriting and sugarcraft. Of the three, sugarcraft was the least rewarding but the one that has been of most practical use to me so far.

This year is my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. With only the small sample bouquet from my sugarcraft course to go by, they asked me to make some flowers for their anniversary party cake. Even though my skills are restricted to roses, carnations and some generic foliage.

They asked in October so, naturally, I only started in earnest on Christmas Eve, four days before the party. My Christmas was a quiet one and I spent a few hours each day on the arrangement. I finished it up in plenty of time: the night before the party.



1 comment:

  1. That looks just fabulous. Well done you. I hope the parents were suitably pleased.

    ReplyDelete