Tuesday 8 January 2013

Fasten Your Seatbelts

With the exception of the entry linked to from the BBC and another post that (for no good reason) became popular with comment spammers, my most successful blog post has been about John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme try-out show. While I'd love to imagine this was due to the fact that I'd composed a particularly interesting blog entry, or perhaps the entertaining quantities of gin I'd consumed when I wrote it, it's pretty clear that the key is in the words "John Finnemore". Cheesecake among strudels.

So it'd be remiss of me if I failed to point out something significant in the schedules this week: Series Four of Cabin Pressure begins tomorrow.

I won't go into details about the lengths I went to in an attempt to get tickets for a recording but, suffice it to say, the ticket unit might have frowned a little. Like the (very) vast number of applicants, I was unsuccessful so I'll have to content myself with enjoying it tomorrow at 6:30.

I'm not going to sing the praise of Cabin Pressure today. After all, many of you know me and have therefore received this lecture many, many times. All I will say is: if my highest recommendation and the prospect of an episode called "Timbuktu" doesn't incite you to listen then you are a lost cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment