Sunday 2 September 2012

One Hundred and Thirteen Days

Although I love Christmas, I don't normally start planning and preparing for it quite this early on but, thanks to a major project in work, I'm already planning for December. So it only seems natural to start planning my knitting for December too.

Last year our work knitting group raised over £600 for Wateraid in our Christmas sale and the time has come to stop doing selfish knitting and to start on scarves, hats, gloves and tiny little stockings. Okay, so I actually started the stockings in February but that's beside the point.

I'm not the only one, we already have a dinosaur and several Christmas decorations in the Knitting Cupboard. I'm not sure I'll manage to contribute quite as much as last year but my bus knitting time is going to be turned over to the sale shortly.



So far I've only started one scarf, its another Loopy & Luscious because, I'm ashamed to say, the wool is fairly cheap. I don't begrudge donating my time and yarn to the sale but it's a lot easier to see the total as profit when things are sold for more than the cost of the wool alone.

The balls on the right will be hats, gloves and perhaps a Maluka, as they are very much the rage in knitting group right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment