Saturday 5 October 2013

AudioGO

When Red & Blue returned to the Afternoon Drama slot in August, I googled the series to find out more. I'd heard and loved the first episode of the first series via Play of the Week but I'd thought it was a one-off rather than the first of a series. I was determined to track down more information. What I found was much more than that, I found:

http://www.audiogo.com/uk/
 I've no idea how it took me so long to stumble upon a website dedicated to selling BBC dramas, comedies, audiobooks and just about every other variety of download that you can imagine. I'm surprised and a little ashamed of my own ignorance of such a fantastic site.

I quickly lost hours in searching for interesting dramas and comedies and working out exactly which episodes of McLevy and Pilgrim I'd missed. The range is fantastic and I can't imagine that any radio fan would be stuck for choice. Downloading is straight forward and it was easy to get copies onto both my laptop and PC. There's some sort of points system going on but it's not very well explained and that really is the most negative thing I can say about AudioGO.

In case you're interested, my purchases so far have been:
That said, there are some disappointing gaps in the catalogue. I'd love to see more early series of some things (Party Series 1!) but it's hard to complain in the face of such a fantastic range. Do yourself a favour and take a look, there will be something there that you'd like to hear again or missed the first time round. 

Oh, and did I mention? It's all at affordable price. What's not to love!

2 comments:

  1. I am very excited, I have applied for tickets for a My First Planet recording!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, I hope you manage to get tickets! I saw the listing and I was tempted, if London weren't so distant and expensive I'd be quite a bit more tempted.

      Delete